SwissPromed is your reliable partner in placing medical specialistsin the health sector. We offer access to the Swiss job market and support candidates with valuable background knowledge in the planning and realization of your next career step. With our comprehensive range of services we prepare our candidates optimally and accompany them on the basis of our experience as best as possible when moving abroad.
Our client is a public institution operating under the supervision of the Ministry of Health in Luxembourg with over 300 staff. Organized as a multidisciplinary institute, its six scientific departments include services and units related to the fields of anatomic and molecular pathology, genetics, medical biology, microbiology, forensic medicine and health protection. The aim of our client is to develop analytical and scientific expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of human diseases; to fulfil the role of a national control and reference laboratory and to provide medico-legal services.
To strengthen the experienced team we are looking for a
Clinical Cytogeneticist (f/m) Responsible for the service Hemato-Oncogenetics
Your main activities:
- Lead of the team and daily activities of Hemato-Oncogenetics service
- Prepare test results – review, write, interpret and sign out molecular/cytogentics/FISH reports for hematologic malignant diseases on daily basis
- Provide consultation to clients regarding test use and test interpretation
- Develop and implement new tests, in particular promote the technological transfer to next-generation-sequencing
- Quality control and quality assurance
- Strengthen the scientific image of the laboratory by actively engaging in multidisciplinary staffs, working-groups, collaborative studies, research projects, publications, oral presentations, meetings and conferences
- Required: D. or M.D. or M.D./PhD in appropriate scientific field and board-certification as Clinical Geneticist, or Clinical Cytogeneticist, or Clinical Laboratory Geneticist or equivalent certification/licence
- Minimum two years of experience in a clinical cytogenetics lab (fellowship experience included)
- Experience in oncology settings, in particular with hematological malignancies, desirable
- Competency in chromosome analysis and FISH analyses
- Experience in genomic microarray/copy number variation interpretation and/or experience in next-generation-sequencing/data interpretation would be a plus
- strong clinical and academic background appropriate to the level of training and experience
- Excellent communication, organizational, and management skills
- Knowledge of ISO 15189 norms and accreditation
- Fluent in at least one language amongst: French, German, or English
- Successful candidates will be offered a highly competitive salary, depending on qualification and experience, plus an annual premium
- State-of-the-art laboratory, including an Agilent Array-CGH platform and an Illumina next-generation sequencing platform. The Unit for Hemato-Oncogenetics performs cytogenetic analysis, fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis, array-CGH and molecular genetic analyses for hematologic malignant diseases
- Luxembourg is an area of outstanding natural beauty, a superb infrastructure and healthcare facilities. It offers a high quality of life and gives access to a large range of excellent schools
The team of SwissPromed supports you in the entire process of application.
We guarantee absolute discretion.
We are available for any questions.